Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Kaison's Birth

I remember it like it was yesterday. For 9 long months I was patiently waiting your arrival. I was beyond thrilled to welcome you into this world but scared of all the pain I would have to go through before you arrived. But I would never trade any of it because from all the pain was a blessing of a sweet little baby boy weighing 7 pounds 11 ouces. 


My due date was scheduled for January 15th 2015. I had my last doctors appointment on January 14th, 2015 and there was no indication that you had any plans on arriving any time soon. So I asked my daughter to be induced and he called and made arrangements and he said how does tomorrow sound. I thought tomorrow wow, that is soon but sounds good to me. Anyway I got up that morning and started getting ready at 5am. I had to be at the hospital for 6am but they called me at 5:30 to let me know that there were no beds available and they will call to let me know when they had any beds available. Now as you imagined I was a bit pissed because I was a bit pissed and was just so excited to see my baby boy. I patiently waited and no call came until 11:30am when they said we would have to reschedule and someone will contact me to reschedule.

 So here we go again another waiting process. Unfortunately Robert was ok with that because he wanted to go to work to make me so with all the raging hormones and his attitude I was not very happy. But around 3pm someone called and ask that I come in for 5am the next day the 16th, 2015. I was beyond thrilled that I would not have to wait days or a week before I could get to go in.
The next morning I gladly woke up at 4am because we were asked to be on time. Got up, got serena ready, got myself ready, even did some cleaning and organizing. It was a hard moment because serena would no longer be my only child and for the past few years it was always she and I.  It was really hard to take in for a moment and I kept wondering how could I love them both or divide my love and I always wanted to let her know that Kaison is an addition to our little family and I would always love her and care for her no matter what. I wanted her to  be part of the process and be there to welcome her brother as crazy as that sounds but it was flu season so she could not come to the hospital.

Last day of being pregnant.. Got to the hospital and got checked in and everything. Before inducing me they tried the membrane thing again and they also broke my water to see if it would get things moving along. I'll tell you one thing Kaison was very comfortable in there. I only dilated to a 3 and after much given time I was induced which I was so nervous about. It was little after that I started walking around to help speed up the process. 

Boy oh boy the pain came on fast.  I knew it hurt to be induced because lots of people said it will and it is true. I was in so much pain. I had planned to go natural but with the pain I was experiencing that plan was out of the window. I just thought screw it and for 9 months my whole plan was to go natural.. as you can imagine I did get an epidural.

Two hours later it was time to push. Kaison did not want to come out. He was stuck in there. We tried several pushes and nothing was happening. As you can imagine Yes I did it all by myself. Just my nurses and I. I will forever be grateful for my doctor and my nurses during this time. I had pushing for so long and nothing was happening. We had tried several things to get kaison coming and he just was not coming. at the very last hour my doctor decided that it was time to have a c section. But right as he was making the decision I had this burning sensation happening at which I yelled doc I think I am pooping and I think it is huge. He took a look down there and it was kaison's head. After so many tries of pushing and nothing to boom here I am was just crazy. Let me just say I was on fire.

Kaison had finally braced us with his presence and I was finally holding my sweet little angel. He did however pinched my nerve .. a nerve which caused me to not be able to use my left leg for weeks and I was in an excruciating amount of pain. I could hardly go lay in bed or get off my bed, or walk or just anything that involved some type of movement, but I was happy to have my baby home and happy for serena to meet her brother and she loved him. She had no kind of jealousy for him. She just wanted to hold him and still does.

So the story may not be long but i REMEMEBER it like it was yesterday. I had to do it alone with serena and I did it alone with kaison. Both their births are so uniquely different but the experience of falling in love with them is just the same. You end up loving both your children the same way. You can't love one more than the other. 




No comments:

Post a Comment