Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Hospital stay 1



This was one of the worst days ever for me, but as you can imagine I have a few of those days. I believe Kaison was barely two months when he first hospitalized. We had just moved to Boise and things were going down hill fast. I had one child who broke out crazy over night, having difficulty breathing and suffering with the itches. Luckily it was serena's break out and our endless hospital trips that got me to notice kaison was ill. He was having a bit of difficulty breathing especially when he was sleeping it was worst. I had a doctors visit for serena in 2 days and I figured I would bring this up to the pediatrician. So we went to her doctors visit and I told her about kaison and his breathing problems. She said that it could be this thing that was going around and that I should take him to the hospital. So I did as she said and when they were inspecting him he had a fever of 103.5. As you can imagined I freaked out. I started trembling and I even cried because not only was I dealing with all this on my own I had no idea kaison had a fever. He did not have any temperate or any sign that he was ill. So they quickly admitted him in, and started poking him with needles. I just felt so helpless listening to him cry his lungs out. He had a doctor who was trying to get that fluid from his spinal cord and kept missing his spot so kaison was poked over and over and over which at that point I was ready to kick the doctor out. My poor little baby so tiny and ill and here you are just poking him constantly. That was finally over and because of how little kaison was they decided to admit him and we spent a total of either 3 or 4 days there. They said he had a virus but since he was so little it was hard for them to say what kind of virus it was but they just treated him on anti biotics to heal him up. It is just an awful feeling watching from behind the scenes and not being able to do anything. I remember his sad little watery eyes staring at me as I watched helplessly and tried to cuddle him with my words to ensure him that  I was not going anywhere. So kaison, serena and i spent 3 days at the hospital. That was one of our several trips to the hospital. Look at his little body.  I was just thankful that he was healed and from that point on I always checked to see if he has a fever going through his butt and not under arms.. even now. Never want to have such a scare like this again.








No comments:

Post a Comment