Monday, October 26, 2015
Hospital Stay 2
Let me tell you the story of how kaison's jaundice scared me to death. After kaison's birth the doctors gave him a clean ill of health. Usually they monitor them to see if they will develop jaundice. But kaison was fine to go home and we were dismissed from the hospital.. We got home and all was well. Of course baby's sleep alot so you can't really tell if something is wrong with their eyes or not until they open it up. Four days after we got home from the hospital Kaison's skin started to change colour. I noticed that he was a bit yellow and thought he must have a bit of jaundice and based on my knowledge of jaundice I decided to find a spot in my apartement where the light shines through. Took my sweet little angel, gently placed him in his chair and set him in the small place where the sun shine bright but not burning home. After all we were in wyoming the state of freezing cold, during the winter so it was hard to get any sort of sunshine. But I did and placed him in the sun. He slept for a good two to three hours before he woke up. As I picked him up and he opened his eyes they were yellow. Really yellow so I freaked out. I freak out for every little thing honeslty. My heart was pounding out of my chest, I had tears rolling down my eyes, my body was shaking.. I was terrified. My first thought was to call some people I know and no one answered. Of course at that time I did not drive so I could not take myself to the hospital and of course Robert was out of reach so he was not an option. My next thought was to call 911 and so I did.. I patiently... not really waited for them to show up. Upon their arrival they took my sweet little boy and started checking his vitals. I could not stop shaking. I was terrified becuase at that moment I had no idea if it was his jaundice or something worse. I never had to deal with that for serena so it really shook me up.
They ended up transporting him to the Hospital and I had to stay back and find some other way to get to the hospital with my daughter.
We ended up getting a ride from a friend name David who drove us to the hospital. Bless his heart. He was always there when I needed help and I will forever be grateful to him for all that he has done for my children and I. But anyway he drove us to the hospital and got there to kaison's screaming his lungs out. He just wanted his mummy and his food. I breast fed him so he could settle down enough for the doctors could monitor him at that point they decided to admit him to the hospital and keep him under the light. We stayed there for a total of three days. Three long, hard days. This little guy had encounter so much during his short life on earth and he is a trooper.
So that was actually our first hospital visit the other visit was visit number two. Like I said before I hope he is over coming all his sickness right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment